Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Eat Your Greens...





That is not pretty, is it? Would you eat that? Bailey, my oldest, kept asking for more..."More chippy things, please?" Clare, who is 18 months now, had trouble eating it. The "chips" were too thin for her. She still has trouble with certain greens.


That is a photo of collard greens chips. I roughly chopped the greens, tossed them with olive oil and kosher salt and baked them in the oven at 350 deg until they started to brown. I am not a fan of wilted greens so this was another way to eat them. Although they weren't bad, this method won't be included on our rotation of favorites. You can try this with any tough green; collard, kale, or chard. Rainbow chard might be prettier...


I do think I got the lighting right for the photo - these didn't look any better in real life!

No comments: