Monday, March 28, 2011

Meatless Monday - Sweet Potato and Black Bean Empanadas

From my friend, Laurel:

I've decided to attempt Meatless Mondays and incorporate them into our weekly menu plan. Tonight I made sweet potato and black bean empanadas from Cooking Light. They were delish and everyone – from the almost two year old to the almost 40 year old – loved them. Yay for Meatless Mondays!


For these empanadas I made the dough as described and it was pretty simple, although you could easily sub store-bought dough (and next time I probably will). I left the poblano chiles out since the kids were eating these as well and considered subbing sauteed chopped mushrooms, but if I had done that I would have had to double the amount of dough and time was ticking. These would be lovely served with spring greens tossed with a cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
 

No comments: