Friday, October 8, 2010

I'm Easy...

...at least I try to be, but my husband may give you a different answer some days! What I mean is that when I am stressed about something, mainly all the veggies we get in our organic bin delivery that I can't seem to use, then I try to find the easy way out. Yesterday it turned out to be buying a take-and-bake cheese pizza, bringing it home, and dumping all our veggies on it. I got rave reviews from the family! So try that sometime when you have a fridge full of stuff, but not enough of anything to make a "real" recipe. Our pizza had sliced olives, chopped red onions, chopped green peppers, chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped basil and fresh spinach leaves. (FYI put the spinach leaves on first and then pile everything else on top).  For babies that are learning to bring food to their mouths, let them gum a piece of pizza crust. For younger babies, pull out the homemade freezer purees.

1 comment:

Erin said...

We often put all kinds of veggies on our pizza too. Adam has a great bread machine recipe for pizza dough, we always try to keep moz. cheese and sauce in the fridge and then throw on anything else we can find. Zucchini is surprisingly good on pizza :-)