Sunday, April 15, 2012

Was it the sun or the smoothie?

Last year for spring break we didn't leave the Pacific Northwest, in fact, we only went south to the next county. I swore I would never do that again (be stuck in the rain for no reason....) So this year I started planning early and found a direct flight from our small town to San Diego! Whoo-hoo! My first (and best) mom friend lives there and we took another family with us. We rented a house near the beach through vrbo.com (best idea ever) and soaked up the sand and sun and laughter. While there we ate at The Mission, a lovely restaurant open for breakfast and lunch. They have a smoothie on their menu that was amazing. I make smoothies at home but thought they didn't count unless they only contained whole foods. But sometimes I need to let loose and this is one of them because this thing is amazing! Here is my version:

Blend until smooth (obviously):

1/2 banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup ice
1-2 cups apple juice
1 tsp brown sugar

Cheers! Salud! Whoo-hoo!

No comments: